Quest Consulting Test System Refurbishing
Quest Consulting offers a Complete Refurbishing Service for the Megatest Q2/62, Q2/52, Q8000 Test Systems and for the EPRO 140/142A/142AX Test Systems. This service will restore the Test System to much of its original condition and operational status.
First, a detailed inspection and inventory of the system is performed. The serial numbers are recorded, the ZIF connector operations checked, power supply levels recorded, and a series of system self checks performed. A refurbishing document is prepared which outlines the work required and recommended and is sent to the customer for final approval.
The Test System is then completely disassembled and given a thorough cleaning. New replacement parts are installed where needed, broken pins replaced, and missing hardware installed. Both ZIF connectors are disassembled, new rails installed, lubricated, and reassembled.
A system calibration and thorough operational check is performed and a custom Self Check Program is executed which evaluates and records system parameters. A report detailing test results and work performed is generated, the tester is given a final inventory inspection, and the system is returned to the customer.
I . INCOMING INSPECTION AND CHECKOUT
Receiving and Unpacking
Upon arrival of system to Quest Consulting, a Refurbishing Traveler Form will follow the system through the refurbishing process.
- Visual check for damage and that all components are Present
- Inventory all items and record serial numbers
- Check for broken, bent pins, etc.
- Check condition of ZIF Mother Board & Front Panel connectors
- Check all switches are working properly
- Check for loose or missing hardware and tighten where necessary
Electrical & Electronic -
- Record power supply values
- Check front panel display self check
- Check power switch operation
- Perform an electronic operational check of internal boards and connectors by running all self check programs on tester using standard and Custom Self Check Modules.
- Use Quest custom computer program and record all self check measurements.
II . EVALUATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Client notified of problems found with complete list of work suggested or required with a cost breakdown of work to be performed.
- Units disassembled and labeled
- All external and internal components cleaned
- Leakage sensitive pass
- attempt to bring tester within 50na of internal leakage
Cabinet Painting (as required)
- Minor sanding, basic touch-up, full repaint, or no painting needed
- ZIF connectors (as required)
- disassemble ZIF connector
- replace worn or broken components
- lubricate with Teflon lubricant
- Broken components repaired or replaced
- Mechanical strengthening
- Replace faulty pins on connectors
- All cleaned and labeled components reassembled
- Serial numbers verified
- Verify ZIF connector working smoothly
- Adjust and record power level values
- Calibration of unit
- Adjustment of components as necessary
- Perform a second electronic operational check
- Run all self check programs on tester using self check FDM & LBs
- Run Quest verification test program
IV . Final Inspection and Checkout
- Final inventory of all items in system
- QA inspection
- Prep for shipping
- Documentation of work performed
V . Shipping
- Unit packed in new or original packaging
- Shipped to customer as specified